This is not even version 1.0; it’s an infant. I made it at the Windows phone app studio, and ended up using a template designed for insect collections, which is why a beetle still appears at the beginning. There are only six stitches and three patterns on it, but the general setup works nicely, and should save me from overrunning my data allotment when I’m starting a new dishcloth in the ferry line.
My intention, in the near future, is to make a beetle-free app from scratch that incorporates a library of about fifty stitches, and will let me change the patterns I have stored. If any knitter with a Windows phone would like to look at this baby version and give me some feedback, I can (apparently) email you an address at the app studio where you can scan it on to your phone. If you have photos of swatches accompanied by instructions, email them back to me, and I will definitely send the final version to you.
Here’s a list of the stitches I’ve included on the app: feather and fan, seafoam, drop stitch, basketweave II, double moss stitch, and the seeded rib stitch.
And here’s a list of the patterns: the linoleum dishcloth, the Exeter hat, and the idiot dishcloth. (I can make idiot cloth without instructions – there’s a reason we call it idiot cloth – but it’s nice to have it on there to show beginning knitters.)
It’s not much, but I’m amazed I’ve gotten this far. I do love making things.